Saturday, February 4, 2012

Soda Slushy....by accident

I decided that I'm also going to add in little tidbits of awesomeness for life.

 If you are anything like me then when you had children your brain went with it. I used to remember everything, now just about nothing. I am the ultimate list maker because I forget EVERYTHING.  So with that being said I forgot a soda in the freezer today! When you travel for a living, and you live in a 5th wheel you have a freezer the size of a shoe box.  So there really isn't room for ice, so that's why drinks go in the freezer!  However I learned long ago after Mr. Amazing left a Red Bull in the freezer that if I were going to put a drink in the freezer again it was going to have to be in something to assure it wouldn't explode all over my freezer like Mr. Amazing's Red Bull did. That was by far the worst freezer clean up job to date!  Granted I have never been the sufferer of a power outage freezer clean up!

So since I know my brains memory faults I inserted my can of Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper into a one gallon freezer Zip-lock bag and placed it in the freezer. (They were meant to freeze sodas right?)  And of course I forgot about it. (It was destined to happen.)  So HOURS later when I removed my safety bag from the freezer it hadn't exploded so I was able to save the bag for another rainy day. But when I popped the top to my frozen soda I realized (DUH) it's frozen!  So I had a genius moment and got out the can opener and cut the top of the can off and poured my Dr. Pepper slushy into a cup. AMAZING!  So now you know how to prevent major freezer clean up mishaps and how to get your frozen soda out of the can!

Enjoy!


(Happy Birthday Steve E., I love you brother)

1 comment:

  1. I seriously laughed out loud at this one.. "duh.. it was frozen" very funny!

    ReplyDelete