Tuesday, January 15, 2013

To die for pancakes from the pancake masters themselves!

Love going to Ihop, specifically for the pancakes?  I do too! However times are tough and money is tight. So what is better than going to Ihop for those famous pancakes you ask???? MAKING THEM AT HOME OF COURSE!!!!  Oh my goodness y'all, you have no idea, these pancakes taste just like Ihop, they're heaven in your mouth! Try them once and you'll start making them at home and pocketing the extra change!!!!!  If you're in for a super big breakfast, side them with some eggs and bacon. But for our family the pancakes were enough!


Ingredients: 
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1Tsp. Baking Powder
1Tsp. Baking Soda
A Dash of Salt
1 Beaten Egg
1 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
2Tbl. Melted Butter (not margarine)
1/4 Cup Sugar

****Buttermilk! Okay so you don't have buttermilk laying around? Come on what kind of cook are you? Just kidding, you're like me, you don't keep Buttermilk in the house? What would you EVER need Buttermilk for? Exactly, so today I'll teach you to make your own for this recipe!  In a large measuring cup, put in 1Tbl of Lemon Juice, and 3/4Tsp. of Lemon Juice, then pour milk in on top of it until you reach 1 1/4 Cup. Let sit in the measuring cup for 5 solid minutes. Presto you have Buttermilk!****

Directions:
Stir the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, & Salt together.  After you've beaten the Egg, add it to the Buttermilk. Then add the Egg/Buttermilk to the flour mixture, make sure you stir like crazy, because no one likes lumpy pancakes! Add the melted Butter and Sugar last and stir again make sure all is smooth, the pancakes lumpy mean you'll bite into a burst of sugar, makes for interesting breakfast, but not exactly yummy. 

I poured my pancake batter back into my large measuring cup then, heated up my frying pan. Medium heat, and greased it with a little vegetable oil. When my pan was good and hot, I poured in my batter to the desired size about five inch pancakes. Cook on each side anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 minute, to desired brown color. Toss each one on a plate and butter straight away, so it's all yummy and melty. Done this way you'll make 8 pancakes, we served four with this recipe! 

I hope you enjoy, and save some money at the same time!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment