Sunday, April 15, 2012

Crawfish Etouffee

Hey y'all! I know it's been a while since my last entry, so I thought I'd share with you a family favorite of mine we made for dinner tonight.  

Never fear, Jess is here with an easy Etoufee!  Crawfish Etouffee can be made many different ways, this way is super simple I promise, give it a try you won't be sorry!!!  So follow me to a 30 minute Cajun getaway of deliciousness! 


Ingredients

2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter cubed
1 Medium Vidalia Onion diced (you can use any onion, I prefer this one with my Etouffee)
1 Green Bell Pepper diced
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic (OR) 1/4 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Package of Frozen Crawfish Tails (available in Wal-Mart freezer section by the shrimp, even in Iowa!)
3 (10.75oz) Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup (full fat version) 
1 (10oz) Can of Ro-Tel diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies 
8oz of Water
1 Tablespoon dried Parsley flakes
Tony  Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning to taste 
Ground Black Pepper to taste
Jasmine Rice


Lets get cooking!




In a large stock pot, add butter, garlic, diced onions, & diced bell peppers, cook on medium heat until onions are clear. The veggies will look like they're in a butter soup. Don't turn the burner up to high, you'll burn the veggies and cook all the butter down to nothing.  






Next rinse your Crawfish in a colander and then put them into the veggie/butter combo.  Heat still on medium for another five minutes.

Next add in Cream of Mushroom & Ro-Tel & 8oz of Water.  Bring this to a boil stirring the whole time to keep it from sticking to the bottom of your pot, then turn down to a simmer for thirty minutes.  After 10 minutes time of simmering add the parsley, black pepper, & Tony's seasoning.

Meanwhile cook up your rice, don't ask me how to do that! I put it in the cooker, add water, press start! :)

When both Rice and Etouffee are done, spoon the Crawfish Etouffee over the rice, serve, & enjoy!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment